Health-related training can help to increase and enhance employee knowledge and skills about health matters and is likely to have beneficial outcomes to both employee in terms of better health and improved lifestyle choices and employer in terms of a fit workforce with reduced absence costs.
Occua can also assist the organisation in the training of its managers in certain aspects of health-related risk assessment and risk reduction. Bespoke programmes tailored specifically to the organisation’s needs can also be arranged:
Occua Ltd offers the following Health-related training programmes:
- Resilience in the workplace: (Resilience in Changing Times)
- Postural Support for Office Workers: (Are you FIT to SIT?)
- Display Screen Equipment (DSE) for in house DSE assessors
- Understanding Hand Arm Vibration at work
- Various bespoke health related packages
- Getting the most out of your Occupational Health provision
- Having a workplace wellness strategy
- Absence and attendance management for managers
- Undertaking a stress risk assessment
- Equality Legislation… What are reasonable adjustments?
- Benefits of workplace wellbeing
- Managing your weight
- Back care and basic manual handling
Health-related training can be conducted on site or at a suitable venue, to minimise disruption to work. Health-related training doesn’t have to be long sessions – some subjects could be covered in an hour. This makes them perfectly suited to running several sessions back-to-back to cover the workforce.